Mims H. Wright
I'm a versatile developer with over 18 years of experience creating responsive websites, interactive experiences, video games and applications for desktop and mobile platforms. I'm looking to join a talented team at a software company or digital agency where we can challenge each other to create groundbreaking products and make the world a better place.
I love my work.View full bio
- Principal EngineerMims Interactive Labs, LLCApril 2007 - Present
Throughout my career I have worked with some fantastic digital agencies, both large and small, as a contract developer. Having worked on a wide variety of projects has exposed me to a broad spectrum of skills as a programmer. My clients can always count on me for my cutting-edge technical knowhow as well as my commitment to integrity and making a great product.Notable Clients: Balsamiq Mockups, Honda, Toyota, Scholastic
- Principal Web EngineerAugust 2012 - February 2015
Huge is an agency at the forefront of fantastic responsive design and technical capability. As part of the technology leadership team on the west coast, I act as a mentor to other developers and as a front-end system architect. I have helped codify development standards and have successfully launched two of the West Coast office's largest projects. I have also worked closely with the design team on a number of rapid prototypes for mobile and web applications.
- Senior Software DeveloperSchematic (now Possible Worldwide)February 2006 - April 2007
At Schematic, I was part of an excellent team of developers and designers on a number of larger-scale web applications. We pushed the boundaries of what was possible with current technology from building some of the first streaming video players to custom-built multi-touch installations. I also contributed as a project technical lead.Notable Clients: Comcast, AOL, Condé Nast
- Web Developer / DesignerAugust 2004 - April 2005
When I joined Domani Studios as a developer, it was still a relatively small company. Along with creating boutique interactive experiences, I built-out complex data-driven websites. During the production of the award-winning game Kid Cupid, I contributed as both a game designer and developer.Notable Clients: Rodan & Fields, Starwood, American Federation of Arts
For a full list of select projects please visit my Portfolio...at mimswright.com/portfolio
Throughout my time working with leading agencies and as a freelancer, I've contributed to a number of successful companies. Here are just a few.
- Adult Swim
- Balsamiq Mockups
- Condé Nast
- Lifetime Network
- Johnson & Johnson
- MTV Networks / Atom.com
- Starwood Hotels
Here are some of the digital agencies and software companies I've had the pleasure to work with as a consultant.
- Huge Inc. (NY, LA, SF)
- Organic Inc.
- Schematic (now Possible Worldwide)
- Whittman Hart (now Band Digital)
- Saatchi & Saatchi LA
- Dunning, Kruger & Associates Berlin
- Siltanen & Partners
- Xylem Interactive (now LXRD)
- Your Majesty
- OMGPop (now Zynga)
- Digital Kitchen
- Balsamiq Mockups
- Domani Studios
- Freedom + Partners
- Bad Assembly
- Area 17
- This is Pop
- English - Native - The sardonic serpent slithered soundlessly spooking the supine sommelier.
- Deutsch - Intermediate - Der Dativ hat meinem Arsch einen Kick gegeben.
- Español - Novice - Si tu mueves la camara un poquito a la izquierda, tu rompes la cuarta pared.
- 日本語 - Novice - すみません、お手洗いはどこですか？
- December 2017The making of Mimstris... What started out as an innocent game tutorial soon became a semi-obsessive crash course in modern front-end concepts. I retell my journey from nothing to a 60-line package.json file.
- A Designer’s Guide to Thinking like a ProgrammerNovember 2017Explores how coders employ a plethora of interesting tools to solve problems. Presents 5 fundamental concepts that software developers use on a daily basis and shows how to apply them to make your designs better and your life easier.
- April 2016Computers are "just a bunch of ones and zeroes," right? But how do ones and zeros become pictures and sounds? We explore what "just a bunch of ones and zeroes" really means by starting at the beginning.
- Co-author ofWiley, 2007A definitive resource for mastering Flash and ActionScript programming, this book was translated into 4 languages and is now in it's second edition.
- Writer / EditordispatchEvent() Blog2006 - 2012
- University of Colorado, BoulderInteractive DesignMay 2001 - May 2002
- Co-created and taught an interactive motion graphics class using Flash.
- Participated in the founding of a new interactive design lab.
- Savannah College of Art and DesignGraphic Design, PhotographyAugust 1998 - August 2000